Hiring Tour Motivators - All Cities
Exciting News! We're hiring a Food Bike Tour Motivator for our deliciously fun bike tours!
Do you have a passion for food and love exploring new neighbourhoods on two wheels? Then we want YOU to join our team!
As a Food Bike Tour Motivator, you'll lead groups of hungry travellers on a culinary adventure through your community, stopping at local hotspots to sample mouth-watering bites and refreshing drinks
Do you love to entertain and educate? Do you jump at the opportunity to speak to strangers about subjects you’re knowledgeable about? Do you enjoy walks or cycling in the city? If so, then our opening of tour guide is right up your alley. You will share your passion during various Food Walking or Cycling tours Saturday and Sunday to show locals and tourists exactly what this city has to offer. You may also provide private tours to smaller groups of people when requested, providing plenty of new experiences and opportunities to get to know different personalities.
We are searching for a vibrant, friendly and professional tour guide to provide our guests with an exceptional experience for our established company. In this role, you will be responsible for knowing routes, engaging visitors for the duration of the tour, sharing interesting facts about history of our organization and the city while remaining safe at all times. This is a perfect line of work for creative jobseekers, so apply today.
Tour Guide Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet all guests promptly at scheduled tour times
- Outline the tour and timeline before tours begin
- Distribute materials to the group at the beginning of the tour, which includes audio headsets and brochures
- For Banff, Canmore and Kelowna if not operating a tour that day, Tour Motivator will walk around selling ticket spots (Incentive pay)
- Depending on city: will lead 2 -7 tours weekly with enthusiasm and energy
- Describe points of interest around the city to the group and answer any questions, which requires learning a comprehensive history of each check point
- Prepare tour materials, including staying up to date on company developments and relevant industry news to add flavour and value
- Monitor the behaviour of the group, especially when young children are in it, and ensure everyone remains in compliance with the rules
- Be willing to put own spin on tour points, such as making jokes and providing insightful commentary
- Help restaurants with serving food, cleaning up or helping speaker to hit all talking points
- Follow all safety guidelines and ensure that guests remain within designated areas
- Record and report any unusual incidents or violation of safety guidelines
- Collaborate with the sales team for smooth handoff at the end of each tour
- Take photos and videos while on tour that will be posted on social media.
- Maintain a positive, friendly demeanour at all times
- Getting guests to leave reviews after coming on a tour (Incentive pay)
Tour Guide Job Specifications
- Strong public speaking skills are a must
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent conversational skills
- Terrific attitude, enthusiasm and willingness to collaborate as part of a team
- Strong Punctual skills
- Flexible schedule to work on weekends and evenings
- Minimum 1 year experience as a tour guide, public speaker, actor or salesperson
- High school diploma (minimum)
- Social media skills (asset)
- Basic bicycle maintenance (asset)
- Basic computer skills
- Fluent in English
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Canmore, Banff and Kelowna up to 30 hours a week
- Edmonton about 8-10 hours a week
- Calgary and Cochrane 5 hours with flexibility to work other tours
Compensation: $21-$25 an hour. Plus tips and incentives.
Apply today and let's hit the road together!
Email email@example.com with your resume and location (Banff, Calgary, Canmore, Cochrane, Edmonton, or Kelowna.
Posting closes April 1st.